The most complete step-by-step guide to starting your fashion photography career is here and this is part 2 to the informative book 1. If you’re seeing this book for the first time, I highly encourage you to see Book 1 by the same title (part 1)
Before I photographed Kanye West, Jennifer Lopez, Usher, Ricky Martin, Madonna, and countless models for magazine spreads I was a guy lost with his camera. It took me years to figure our the industry and how everything works, and all along I hoped for a book or course to hold my hand through the process of building my fashion photography book. It did not exist, and I decided to write one and help others avoid some of the pitfalls and setbacks that I had.
Now you’ve had a very professional and successful photo shoot. You have a solid understanding of what a test shoot is, what a test fashion shoot an do for your book and how hiring happens on the commercial side (this is all in book 1). That’s great, but how do you put the post process together. This book is NOT about retouching techniques. This book is about the process of post production, how to eliminate images, how to set up a gallery, make the most of your time, keep your clients happy and build for a stronger relationship in the future.
MEMBERSHIP: Remember that with book 1, you had a link to an exclusive FB group where photographers help each other, and I often jump in there and assist. In order to use this book, you must buy book 1. Use the link in book 1 to join!
CHAPTER ONE: MAKING YOUR SHOOT WORK FOR YOU
1. INTRO TO POST PRODUCTION
2. HOW TO TAKE YOUR BEAUTIFUL SHOOT AND MAKE IT BETTER
CHAPTER TWO: THESE ARE IMPORTANT STEPS FOR YOUR SUCCESS IN POST PRODUCTION
1. DAY OF THE SHOOT
2. DAY AFTER THE SHOOT (STEPS I TAKE)
3. START AT 3 STAR (SELECTION PROCESS STEPS)
4. THE 1-SECOND RULE
5. 4-STAR MOMENT
6. A TYPICAL/USUAL SCENARIO (AND IT’LL HAPPEN TO YOU ALSO)
7. 4-STAR PART II
8. SUPERSTARS ONLY (THAT’S THE GOAL)
9. WHO IS THE CLIENT? (REMIND YOURSELF)
10. A CHANCE TO WIN (HOW TO MAKE YOUR CLIENT LOVE YOU MORE)
11. YOU ARE NOT A BUTTON PUSHER
12. THE 5-STAR PROCESS
CHAPTER THREE: FINAL NOTES
1. AM I DONE YET?
2. WHAT DO I OWE TO MY TEAM?
3. HOW TO MAKE THE AGENCY HAPPY
4. TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR OWN NEEDS
5. STICKING TO YOUR VISION
6. DISINVITING ALL THE COOKS IN THE KITCHEN
7. ONLINE GALLERIES
8. HOW TO FINALLY DELIVER THE IMAGES
9. USING BTS PHOTOGRAPHS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
10. HOW MANY PHOTOGRAPHS SHOULD YOU GIVE?
11. OUTSIDE RETOUCHERS?
12. HOW TO HANDLE KNOWN PITFALLS
CHAPTER FOUR: STORAGE AND OTHER GOODIES
1. HOW LONG TO STORE A CLIENT’S GOODS
2. THE BENEFITS OF ARCHIVING WELL FOR YOU AND CLIENTS
3. HOW TO INCENTIVIZE THEM TO ORDER MORE
CHAPTER FIVE: MY WORDS FOR YOU
1. A MESSAGE FOR YOU…
ABOUT WALID AZAMI