Embrace challenge, unleash your self-confidence, and recognize your true worth
- Do you sometimes feel like a fraud at work, despite years of training and experience?
- Do you feel like it’s pure luck that people can’t see your incompetence?
- Are you worried that one day, people will find out that you’re really just faking it?
If you answered a resounding YES to these questions, then you might be experiencing Imposter Syndrome.
Imposter Syndrome is a persistent feeling of self-doubt, incompetence, and inadequacy, despite evidence that reflects otherwise.
Sure, we all feel self-doubt sometimes. But Imposter Syndrome is a whole new level of self-doubt.
It’s like self-doubt on steroids!
It makes you feel as if you don’t deserve any of your accomplishments because you can’t shake off the feeling that you are not good enough at what you do. It’s almost as if you are just “winging it” and you are lucky that people are fooled by your act.
Psychologist, Dr E V Estacio shares groundbreaking research from applied psychology and insights from her own experience, so you can apply these practical and easy-to-follow techniques to overcome Imposter Syndrome, know your worth, and flourish with self-confidence at work and in life.
It draws upon scientific research from health psychology, positive psychology, organizational psychology, coaching psychology, client-centered and humanist counseling, brain and cognitive psychology, and critical psychology, to effectively melt away feelings of worry, fear, and self-doubt, and ultimately manage your Imposter Syndrome.
In this book, you will learn about:
- The basics: what Imposter Syndrome is and what is not; the characteristics and symptoms of Imposter Syndrome; and how mismanaging Imposter Syndrome can be harmful to you and others around you;
- Mindset: how adopting a GROWTH mindset, as opposed to a FIXED mindset, is crucial to overcoming all sorts of fear (e.g., fear of risk, fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of disappointing others, and yes, even fear of success!);
- Perfectionism: why you need to understand the difference between adaptive perfectionism and maladaptive perfectionism, and how maladaptive perfectionism feeds your inner critic
- Message framing: how messages from childhood, the media, and the environment can influence Imposter Syndrome; and how you can reframe these to help you unleash your inner self-confidence;
- Scientifically-proven techniques: effective and easy to adopt strategies from applied psychology such as mental imagery, the TLC questioning sequence, and mindfulness to improve your mindset, boldly conquer your fears, and build self-confidence.
This book also includes a 30-day Action Plan and a FREE workbook so you can apply the techniques described in this book and monitor your progress daily.