1. What is Freado?
Freado (pronounced 'Free-doe') helps bloggers and reviewers receive free copies of popular books from participating authors. The goal is to help authors build an audience for their books by giving away free copies to influential readers who can help spread the word on blogs, GoodReads, Facebook or Twitter.
2. Who is behind Freado.com?
A company called BookBuzzr
which has been building social media widgets and book promotion tools for authors since 2010. Over 10,000 authors use BookBuzzr technologies. You can learn more in the About Us
3. Why are you giving free prizes?
Authors normally give away free, review copies in order to gain the attention of influential readers. They do it with the expectation that readers who get a free copy will review, recommend or share their books on social media.
4. Do I need to pay to be a member of the site?
No. As a reader, it is completely free for you to register.
5. Do I need to pay for shipping?
No. Shipping fees are handled by the sponsoring authors or by Freado.
6. What do I need to do to get a free book?
You can get free copies of books on Freado in 3 easy ways:
- Instadownload - This is the simplest and fastest way to get a book on Freado. You simply choose the book you like and download it. These are all ebooks.
- CoverMatcher Daily Topper - These are usually best selling books from popular authors. In this simple activity, you simply match as many book covers as you can in one minute. The one who matches the most number of book covers in a day gets that day's best-selling book.
- Auctions - This is a simple mechanism that we have created to ensure a fair manner of distributing physical copies (paperbacks / hardcovers) of books to readers. In this method, you simply collect points while performing the CoverMatcher activity and use those points to bid for your favourite books.
7. What do authors expect in return for giving away their books for free?
In general you are under no obligation to do anything for authors. However, it is customary that when you get a free copy of a book, you will review, recommend or share the book. In case the book does not meet your expectations, it would be helpful if you can provide detailed feedback to the author.
8. What steps do you take to protect my information?
- We do not collect or store your credit card information as we are not in the business of selling books.
- In case we collect your shipping information, we share it with the concerned author only for the purpose of sending a physical copy of the book to you.
- We do not sell or rent your information.
- Our servers and code are regularly audited to ensure that even the minimal information that we collect (such as your email) is stored securely.
9. I'm an author and I'd like to have my book show up in these games and as a prize. What do I need to do?
Sign-up at BookBuzzr
(the company that owns and operate Freado.com).
10. I don't have a blog and I don't review books. Can I still participate in a giveaway on Freado?
Yes. We do however request that you at least share the book on your Facebook or Twitter feeds and / or leave a review on Amazon, GoodReads or Freado.
11. Can I win only one book per month via CoverMatcher?
Yes, you can win only one book per month via CoverMatcher.