Imagine an international conversation about many applications of storytelling. That’s what this book aspires to.
“Applied storytelling” covers a wide range of disciplines, such as organizational storytelling, storytelling for marketing and branding, storytelling for job search and career advancement personal storytelling/lifewriting/memoir writing, digital/video storytelling, and more. Representatives of those storytelling genres and more speak their minds in this book.
The free e-book features Molly Catron, Jessica Lipnack, Terrence Gargiulo, Jon Hansen, Svend-Erik Engh, Loren Niemi, Gabrielle Dolan, John Caddell, Shawn Callahan, Stephanie West Allen, Madelyn Blair, David Vanadia, Tom Clifford, Sharon Lippincott, Ardath Albee, Sharon Benjamin, Carol Mon, Ron Donaldson, Cynthia Kurtz, Annette Simmons, Karen Gilliam, Michael Margolis, Corey Blake, Susan Luke, Mike Wittenstein, Cathie Dodd, Sarah White, Chris Benevich, Karen Johnson, Jon Buscall, Thaler Pekar, Lori Silverman, Casey Hibbard, Katie Snapp, Rob Sullivan, Andree Iffrig, Whitney Quesenbery, Sean Buvala, Stephane Dangel, Karen Dietz, Stewart Marshall, Annie Hart, Melissa Wells, and Jim Ballard.
Here’s the table of contents:
- CHAPTER 1: Defining Story
- CHAPTER 2: Origins of Storytelling Passions
- CHAPTER 3: Storytelling Influences
- CHAPTER 4: An Explosion of Storytelling?
- CHAPTER 5: Social-media Storytelling
- CHAPTER 6: Troubling Uses of Storytelling
- CHAPTER 7: Transformational Storytelling
- CHAPTER 8: Storytelling Advice
- CHAPTER 9: Change Your Story, Change Your Life
- CHAPTER 10: Storytelling in Relationships, Teams, and Community
- CHAPTER 11: Story Techniques and Tools
- CHAPTER 12: Unexpected Applications of Storytelling
- CHAPTER 13: Storytelling in Organizations
- CHAPTER 14: Getting Buy-In for Storytelling
- CHAPTER 15: Personal Storytelling, Lifewriting, and Memoir
- CHAPTER 16: The Practice of Storytelling
- CHAPTER 17: Storytelling in Marketing, Sales, and Branding
- CHAPTER 18: Storytelling and Career
- CHAPTER 19: Storytelling in Writing and Communication
- CHAPTER 20: The Future of Storytelling
- Directory of Practitioners: Photos and Contact Info