Libraries are the treasure houses of book lovers. They hold secrets and stories untold, fables and legends undiscovered, sagas and epics unknown, folk-tales and traditional-lore unheard-of, little-known fairy-tales, obscure romance and fantasy, uncharted faraway worlds, unexplored mythology, – just so much yet to be read and discovered.
But it isn’t just books in a library that are the talking point, sometimes it’s the library itself. Looking around the internet for 5 spectacular libraries, I found lots – some thought-provoking, some breathtaking, others magnificent and sensational, – they made me stop and stare.
Here are 5 libraries from across the world that I thought were just spectacular!
1. City Library of Stockholm
2. Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.
3. Library of the University of Delft in Netherlands
4. Royal Portuguese Cabinet of Reading, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5. Trinity College Library at University of Dublin, Ireland
Which is your favorite library in the world? Do you like walking about through the stacks and lingering smell of paper in a library? What do you love about a library?